Information about Ribavirin
Ribavirin is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It is used in combination with interferon.
How ribavirin works
Ribavirin is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of ribavirin
Headache, Muscle pain, Weakness, Fatigue, Fever
Available Medicine for Ribavirin
- ₹95 to ₹313Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1175Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹750Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹611United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹226Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹3600Aprazer Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹535Virchow Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2100Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1666Biocon1 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Ribavirin
Q. How does Ribavirin work?
Ribavirin belongs to a class of antiviral medications called nucleoside analogues. It decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body by blocking its growth, resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q. What are the severe side effects of Ribavirin?
Ribavirin may cause anemia that can worsen any heart problems and can cause a heart attack that can be life-threatening. Call your doctor immediately in case you experience excessive tiredness, pale skin, headache, dizziness, confusion, fast heartbeat, weakness, shortness of breath, or chest pain.