Substitutes for DILSAVE
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of DILSAVE TABLET
Uses of DILSAVE TABLET
Dilsave 400mg tablet is used in the treatment of arrhythmias.
Side effects of DILSAVE TABLET
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Congestive cardiac failure, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Rash, Fatigue.
How to use DILSAVE TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Dilsave 400mg tablet with food.
How DILSAVE TABLET works
Dilsave 400mg tablet treats irregular heartbeat by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart.
In Depth Information on DILSAVE TABLET
Expert advice for DILSAVE TABLET
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience signs of heart failure such as weight gain, swelling in lower parts of the body (dependent edema), increasing breathlessness (dyspnea) while on dronedarone treatment.
- You must take treatment for potassium and magnesium deficiencies (hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia) before starting treatment with dronedarone.
- You may be monitored with blood creatinine tests as its level may rise during dronedarone treatment.
- Use dronedarone with caution if you have heart diseases (e.g. coronary artery disease) or are an elderly patient (?75 years) with multiple complications.
- You must be regularly examined for heart, liver, kidney and lung functions during treatment with dronedarone.
- Take precautions to avoid pregnancy while on dronedarone treatment and consult your doctor immediately if you get to know that you are pregnant.
- Use of dronedarone is not recommended in children aged below 18 years.
Special precautions for DILSAVE 400MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Dilsave 400mg tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Dronedarone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for DILSAVE 400MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Dronedarone
Q. Is dronedarone safe?
Dronedarone is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is dronedarone a beta blocker?
Dronedarone is an antiarrhythmic medication that blocks multiple ion channels. It is not a beta blocker; however it is known to have indirect inhibitory effect on beta receptors
Q. How is dronedarone excreted?
After oral administration of dronedarone, it is excreted in its changed form (metabolites) in the feces and urine
Q. Does dronedarone lower blood pressure?
Yes. Dronedarone has known effects on lowering blood pressure
Q. How does dronedarone differ from amiodarone?
Dronedarone and amiodarone are both antiarrhythmic medications. They have similar uses but are prescribed for different cases of heart beat rhythm irregularities
Q. What is dronedarone hydrochloride?
Dronedarone hydrochloride is an anti-arrhythmic medication
Q. What is it used for?
Used for treatment of irregular rhythm of heartbeats (paroxysmal or persistent atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter) and to prevent recurrence of the problem and hospitalization for irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias)
Q. Does it work?
The effectiveness of dronedarone may vary upon individual response.