Medicine Overview of Dilsave Tablet
Side effects of Dilsave Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Congestive cardiac failure, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Rash, Fatigue.
How to use Dilsave Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Dilsave 400mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Dilsave Tablet works
Dilsave 400mg Tablet is an anti-arrhythmic medication. It works by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart to correct irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm.
In Depth Information on Dilsave Tablet
Expert advice for Dilsave Tablet
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience signs of heart failure such as weight gain, swelling in lower parts of the body (dependent edema), increasing breathlessness (dyspnea) while on dronedarone treatment.
- You must take treatment for potassium and magnesium deficiencies (hypokalemia and hypomagnesemia) before starting treatment with dronedarone.
- You may be monitored with blood creatinine tests as its level may rise during dronedarone treatment.
- Use dronedarone with caution if you have heart diseases (e.g. coronary artery disease) or are an elderly patient (?75 years) with multiple complications.
- You must be regularly examined for heart, liver, kidney and lung functions during treatment with dronedarone.
- Take precautions to avoid pregnancy while on dronedarone treatment and consult your doctor immediately if you get to know that you are pregnant.
- Use of dronedarone is not recommended in children aged below 18 years.
Dilsave Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Dilsave Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Dilsave 400mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Dilsave 400mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Dilsave 400mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Dilsave 400mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients wit+more
h kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Dilsave 400mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Dilsave 400mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dilsave 400mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Dilsave 400mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Dilsave 400mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Dronedarone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Dilsave Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Dronedarone
Q. Is dronedarone safe?
Dronedarone is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is dronedarone a beta blocker?
Dronedarone is an antiarrhythmic medication that blocks multiple ion channels. It is not a beta blocker; however it is known to have indirect inhibitory effect on beta receptors
Q. How is dronedarone excreted?
After oral administration of dronedarone, it is excreted in its changed form (metabolites) in the feces and urine
Q. Does dronedarone lower blood pressure?
Yes. Dronedarone has known effects on lowering blood pressure
Q. How does dronedarone differ from amiodarone?
Dronedarone and amiodarone are both antiarrhythmic medications. They have similar uses but are prescribed for different cases of heart beat rhythm irregularities
Q. What is dronedarone hydrochloride?
Dronedarone hydrochloride is an anti-arrhythmic medication
Q. What is it used for?
Used for treatment of irregular rhythm of heartbeats (paroxysmal or persistent atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter) and to prevent recurrence of the problem and hospitalization for irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias)
Q. Does it work?
The effectiveness of dronedarone may vary upon individual response.
Substitutes for Dilsave Tablet
MULTAQ 400MG TABLET
Sanofi India Ltd