food interaction for DIABOSE
alcohol interaction for DIABOSE
pregnancy interaction for DIABOSE
lactation interaction for DIABOSE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DIABOSE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DIABOSE 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking DIABOSE 50 MG TABLET
- 50%Thrice A Day
- 17%Alternate Day
- 17%Four Times A Day
- 17%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DIABOSE
- GLUCOBAY 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 11.70/tabletRs. 117same price
- GLUCAR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.72/tabletRs. 107.20save 8% more per tablet
- REBOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97save 17% more per tablet
- RECARB 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 8.70/tabletRs. 87save 26% more per tablet
- GLUBOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.30/tabletRs. 83.04save 29% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for DIABOSE
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Acarbose is administered orally and should be chewed with the first mouthful of food, or swallowed whole with a little liquid directly before the meal.
- Acarbose does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for DIABOSE
Q.Is acarbose/Glucobay a protein?
No, acarbose is not a protein; it is a complex oligosaccharide (sugar)
Q.Is acarbose safe?
Acarbose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does acarbose cause weight fluctuations?
Acarbose when combined with low calorie diet and exercise may cause weight loss. Acarbose generally does not cause weight gain when taken as prescribed
Q.Does acarbose cause hypoglycemia?
Acarbose does not cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if taken as prescribed. However, low blood sugar can occur if you take acarbose with another blood sugar lowering medicine, delay or miss a meal or snack, exercise more than usual or drink alcohol
Q.How long does acarbose last?
Generally, the effect of acarbose lasts up to 3-5 hours, however it may vary depending on the individual taking the medicine.