food interaction for DIABOSE
alcohol interaction for DIABOSE
pregnancy interaction for DIABOSE
lactation interaction for DIABOSE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DIABOSE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DIABOSE 25 MG TABLET
Patients taking DIABOSE 25 MG TABLET
- 80%Once A Day
- 20%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DIABOSE
- GLUCOBAY 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.72/tabletRs. 67.20save 2% more per tablet
- GLUCAR 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.73/tabletRs. 67.35save 2% more per tablet
- REBOSE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.70/tabletRs. 57save 17% more per tablet
- RECARB 25 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 4.60/tabletRs. 46save 33% more per tablet
- ACAREX 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Invision Medi Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 4.72/tabletRs. 47.25save 31% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DIABOSE
- You should follow the diet prescribed by your doctor to gain the maximum benefit from acarbose tablets.
- Acarbose should be taken with a little liquid directly before the meal or with the first bite of a main meal, .
- Acarbose should not be used by pregnant and nursing women, patients with several liver or kidney impairment, chronic intestinal diseases , colon ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease, partial intestinal obstruction.
Frequently asked questions for DIABOSE
Q.Is acarbose/Glucobay a protein?
No, acarbose is not a protein; it is a complex oligosaccharide (sugar)
Q.Is acarbose safe?
Acarbose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does acarbose cause weight fluctuations?
Acarbose when combined with low calorie diet and exercise may cause weight loss. Acarbose generally does not cause weight gain when taken as prescribed
Q.Does acarbose cause hypoglycemia?
Acarbose does not cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if taken as prescribed. However, low blood sugar can occur if you take acarbose with another blood sugar lowering medicine, delay or miss a meal or snack, exercise more than usual or drink alcohol
Q.How long does acarbose last?
Generally, the effect of acarbose lasts up to 3-5 hours, however it may vary depending on the individual taking the medicine.