food interaction for COSANOL
alcohol interaction for COSANOL
pregnancy interaction for COSANOL
lactation interaction for COSANOL
SALT INFORMATION for COSANOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COSANOL
- HEARTFELT 10MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 6.29/tabletRs. 176.15pay 40% more per tablet
- HEARTFELT 10MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 6.77/tabletRs. 47.42pay 51% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for COSANOL
- Exercise caution when using concurrently with anticoagulants or antiplatelet drugs as it may interact with process of blood clotting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if Patient is allergic to policosanol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Children below age of 18 years.
Frequently asked questions for COSANOL
Q.Is policosanol safe and effective?
Policosanol is safe and effective if used at prescribed dose and duration as recommended by doctor
Q.Is policosanol a blood thinner?
Policosanol can modify blood coagulation and blood viscosity
Q.Is policosanol a plant sterol?
Policosanol is not a sterol but a mixture of complex alcohol like chemicals present in plant products
Q.Does policosanol reduce triglyceride levels in blood?
Yes, policosanol can reduce triglyceride levels in blood.