Information about Clopidogrel
Clopidogrel is used to prevent blood clots. It decreases the chances of having another heart attack or stroke.
How clopidogrel works
Clopidogrel is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing the platelets from sticking together, thereby decreasing the formation of harmful blood clots. This lowers the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects of clopidogrel
increased bleeding tendency
Available Medicine for Clopidogrel
- ₹109 to ₹142Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹92Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹102Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹139Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹116Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹80Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹109Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹67Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹74USV Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clopidogrel
- You have been prescribed Clopidogrel to help prevent blood clots.
- For best results, take it at the same time every day.
- Clopidogrel increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails or using sharp objects.
- Do not discontinue using the medicine without consulting your doctor as this may increase your chances of having another heart attack or stroke.
- If you are scheduled to undergo a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Clopidogrel temporarily.
Frequently asked questions for Clopidogrel
Q. Can the use of Clopidogrel increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Clopidogrel increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Clopidogrel?
Clopidogrel can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Clopidogrel?
Clopidogrel reduces your risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of your leg, lungs, heart and brain. You may not feel any difference after taking Clopidogrel. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.