Information about Dipyridamole
Dipyridamole is used to prevent stroke. It is used to prevent blood clotting after heart valve replacement. It also reduces the risk of having another stroke in people who have already suffered a stroke.
How dipyridamole works
Dipyridamole is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing the platelets from sticking together, thereby decreasing the formation of harmful blood clots.
Common side effects of dipyridamole
Headache, Flushing of face, Dizziness, Nausea, Diarrhea, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Dipyridamole
- ₹38Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17USV Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹10Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dipyridamole
- Dipyridamole is a good medication for preventing blood clots.
- For best results, take it at the same time every day.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- It increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails or using sharp objects.
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Dipyridamole temporarily.
- Headache is a common side effect, but it often goes away after the first week of use.
Frequently asked questions for Dipyridamole
Q. Can the use of Dipyridamole increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Dipyridamole increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Dipyridamole?
Dipyridamole can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.