Information about Prasugrel
Prasugrel is used to prevent prevention of heart attack and stroke and heart attack. It reduces the risk of having another heart attack, stroke, or blood clots in stents, especially in a patient who have already undergone angioplasty due to severe chest pain or heart attack.
How prasugrel works
Prasugrel is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing the platelets from sticking together, thereby decreasing the formation of harmful blood clots. This lowers the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects of prasugrel
Available Medicine for Prasugrel
- ₹125 to ₹245Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹217Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹159Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹238Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹192Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹155MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹304Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹94Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹250Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹140Ordain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prasugrel
- For best results, take it at the same time every day.
- Do not discontinue using the medicine without consulting your doctor as this may increase your chances of having another heart attack or stroke.
Frequently asked questions for Prasugrel
Q. Can the use of Prasugrel increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Prasugrel increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Prasugrel?
Prasugrel can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Prasugrel?
Prasugrel reduces your risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of your leg, lungs, heart and brain. You may not feel any difference after taking Prasugrel. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.