Information about Prasugrel
Prasugrel is used to prevent prevention of blood clots. It decreases the chances of having another heart attack or stroke from a disease related to your heart or blood vessels.
How prasugrel works
Prasugrel is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots. This lowers the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects of prasugrel
Available Medicine for Prasugrel
- ₹114 to ₹224Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹198Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹145Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹216Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹175Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹142MSN Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹304Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹94Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹219Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2002Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Prasugrel
- Good medication for preventing blood clots.
- For best results, take Prasugrel at the same time every day.
- Prasugrel increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Prasugrel temporarily.
Frequently asked questions for Prasugrel
Q. Is Prasugrel FDA approved?
Prasugrel is approved by FDA. It is used along with aspirin to prevent serious or life-threatening problems with the heart and blood vessels in people who have had a heart attack or severe chest pain and have been treated with angioplasty (procedure to open the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart)
Q. Is Prasugrel a beta blocker?
No, it belongs to a class of medications called anti-platelet drugs
Q. Can I take Prasugrel/Effient with Tylenol/ibuprofen/ Viagra/acetaminophen/naproxen/Nexium (esomeprazole)/ Prilosec (omeprazole)/Celebrex (celecoxib)?
Increase risk of bleeding is observed with ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophen, Celebrix (celecoxib). No clinically observable drug interaction is seen with Tylenol, Viagra and Prilosec (omeprazole). Patients should follow doctor's advice for its use
Q. Does Prasugrel affect INR?
Prasugrel doesn't affect INR but may increase the risk of bleeding in patients with elevated INR
Q. What is it used for?
It is used along with aspirin to prevent serious or life-threatening problems with the heart and blood vessels in people who have had a heart attack or severe chest pain and have been treated with angioplasty (procedure to open the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart).
Q. Is Prasugrel generic for Effient?
Yes, Prasugrel is generic name and Effient is brand name
Q. Is Prasugrel a prodrug?
Yes, it is a prodrug
Q. is Prasugrel a blood thinner?
Yes, it is a blood thinner
Q. Why is Prasugrel contraindicated in stroke?
It is contraindicated because of increased risk of bleeding
Q. What is Prasugrel?
Prasugrel is belongs to a class of medications called anti-platelet medications