Medicine Overview of Concerta Tablet
Uses of Concerta Tablet
Concerta 18mg Tablet is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd).
Side effects of Concerta Tablet
Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Abdominal pain, Nervousness.
How to use Concerta Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Concerta 18mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Concerta Tablet works
Researchers don't know how exactly Concerta 18mg tablet works in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder/ADHD (difficulty in paying attention and hyperactivity in children).
In Depth Information on Concerta Tablet
Expert advice for Concerta Tablet
- Do not take methylphenidate if you are allergic to methylphenidate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: thyroid problem, heart, liver or kidney problems, high blood pressure; compromised blood supply to brain, hands and legs, or have diseases of blood vessels of such as a stroke (weakness or paralysis of part or whole of body), swelling and weakening of part of a blood vessel (aneurysm), narrow or blocked blood vessels, or inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis); increased pressure in your eye (glaucoma); tumor of your adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma) which leads to episodic or sustained increase in blood pressure; narrowing or blockage of your gut or food-pipe; fits (seizures, convulsions, epilepsy) or any abnormal brain scans (EEGs); other mental disease.
- Do not take methylphenidate if you have ever abused or been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines or street drugs.
- Avoid taking methylphenidate during menstruation.
- You should not take methylphenidate on the day of your surgery if a certain type of anesthetic such as ketamine, halothane, isoflurane, sevoflurane etc. are being used.
- Do not drive or use machinery if you feel dizzy, have problems focusing or have blurred vision after taking methylphenidate.
Special precautions for Concerta 18mg Tablet
Taking Methylphenidate with alcohol may increase the blood pressure and heart rate.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Concerta 18mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Concerta 18mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Concerta 18mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected symptoms like dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue....
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected symptoms like dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue.
There is limited information available on the use of Concert+more
a 18mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Rimarex 300mg Capsule, Tryptomer 25mg Tablet, Serta 100mg Tablet, Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection
If you miss a dose of Methylphenidate, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Concerta 18mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Methylphenidate
Concerta is central nervous system stimulant drug that is used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (a behavioral disorder in children marked by poor concentration, hyperactivity, and learning difficulties). It is not monoamine oxidase inhibitor or an opiate. It is similar in function to amphetamine, but milder in nature
Ritalin and Concerta are proprietary (brand) names of Concerta
Q. Can I take Ritalin for weight loss/ anxiety/ depression?
Ritalin (i.e. Methylphenidate) cannot be used to treat weight loss, anxiety or depression. They, on the contrary, are the side effects of the methylphenidate
Yes, Concerta increases wakefulness, vigilance and attention span
Concerta has the ability to alter mood and feelings such that the effects are perceived by some as pleasant or ‘high'. Concerta belongs to a sub schedule X consisting psychotropic and habit forming substances. It is available strictly as per the prescription and should always be used as advised by doctor
Both Concerta and Adderall (amphetamine) are central nervous system stimulants but used for different indications (uses). Take your doctor's advice before using any medicine
Like all other medicines, Concerta expires.The expiry date is mentioned on the pill-box or strip. Concerta should not be used beyond this date of expiry.
User Submitted Feedback For Concerta 18mg Tablet
Patients taking Concerta 18mg Tablet
Once A Day