food interaction for CLARIGLAN
alcohol interaction for CLARIGLAN
pregnancy interaction for CLARIGLAN
lactation interaction for CLARIGLAN
medicine interaction for CLARIGLAN
Avoid Clariglan 500mg injection with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CLARIGLAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CLARIGLAN
- KLACID 500MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 87.60/ML of injectionRs. 876save 89% more per ML of injection
- CLARIMIN 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 869/injectionRs. 869pay 11% more per injection
- HOSPIMYCIN 500MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 935/ML of injectionRs. 935pay 19% more per ML of injection
- CLARIWOK IV 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 947.41/injectionRs. 947.41pay 21% more per injection
- CRIXAN 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1038.12/injectionRs. 1038.12pay 32% more per injection
Expert advice FOR CLARIGLAN
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to clarithromycin or any macrolide antibiotic (ex. azithromycin,).
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you develop severe or prolonged diarrhea during or after receiving clarithromycin.
- If clarithromycin tablets make you feel dizzy, do not drive, operate machinery or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Frequently asked questions FOR CLARIGLAN
Q. Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q. Is clarithromycin safe?
Clarithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take clarithromycin for bacterial vaginosis, tooth infection, bladder infection, acne and cystitis?
Clarithromycin can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis unless resistance has not been developed against clindamycin or any macrolide antibiotic (clarithromycin, azithromycin, etc.)
Q. Is clarithromycin gluten free or contain sulfa?
Clarithromycin is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. Clarithromycin is not a sulfa drug/does not contain sulpha
Q. Can I take clarithromycin with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil?
Yes clarithromycin can be taken with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil. Always consult your physician before use
Q. Does clarithromycin cause drowsiness, insomnia, or thrush?
Clarithromycin does not cause drowsiness when taken as prescribed. But, it may cause insomnia (sleeplessness) and thrush (infection of mouth caused by candida fungus)
Q. Does clarithromycin affect birth control?
When taken with birth control pills, clarithromycin does not affect birth control.