Medicine Overview of Claglid Tablet
Uses of Claglid Tablet
Claglid 80mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Claglid Tablet
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use Claglid Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Claglid 80mg Tablet with food.
How Claglid Tablet works
Claglid 80mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
In Depth Information on Claglid Tablet
Expert advice for Claglid Tablet
- Claglid should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Claglid. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Special precautions for Claglid 80mg Tablet
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Claglid 80mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Claglid 80mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Claglid 80mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Claglid 80mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Claglid 80mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decmax 4mg Tablet, Decamycin 4mg Injection, Pericort 4mg Tablet, Defcort 6mg Oral Suspension
You should skip a dose of Gliclazide , if a meal is skipped and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
Frequently asked questions for Claglid 80mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.
Substitutes for Claglid Tablet
Glytas 80mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
Diabend 80mg Tablet
Bal Pharma Ltd
Glycigon 80mg Tablet
Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Cyblex 80mg Tablet
Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Gliclapack 80mg Tablet
Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd