Substitutes for CIPRIL TABLET
LISITEC 5MG TABLET
DILACE 5MG TABLET
Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
SOPRIL 5MG TABLET
L.P.L. 5MG TABLET
Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ACINOPRIL 5MG TABLET
Abbott India Ltd
Medicine Overview of CIPRIL TABLET
Side effects of CIPRIL TABLET
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment.
How to use CIPRIL TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Cipril 5mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How CIPRIL TABLET works
Cipril 5mg tablet relaxes the blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart works more efficiently.
In Depth Information on CIPRIL TABLET
Expert advice for CIPRIL TABLET
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Lisinopril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Lisinopril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Lisinopril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Lisinopril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Lisinopril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Lisinopril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Special precautions for CIPRIL 5MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cipril 5mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution should be used in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TACSANT 0.5MG CAPSULE, HEPLOCK 10IU INJECTION, AVERY 300MG TABLET, SILYBON 35MG SUSPENSION
If you miss a dose of Lisinopril, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for CIPRIL 5MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Lisinopril
Q. Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Can I take lisinopril with Viagra, Xanax, Cialis, or Nyquil?
Viagra (sildenafil) or Xanax (alprazolam) should not be given with lisinopril. It is not reported to interact with Cialis (tadalafil) or Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen, hydrocodone, or acetaminophen?
Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. It is not reported to interact with hydrocodone or acetaminophen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, but as per your doctors advise only
Q. Is lisinopril a generic drug?
Yes, lisinopril is a generic drug
Q. Is lisinopril safe?
Lisinopril is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.