food interaction for BUPEP
alcohol interaction for BUPEP
pregnancy interaction for BUPEP
lactation interaction for BUPEP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BUPEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BUPEP
- BUPRON 150 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.30/tablet srRs. 93save 32% more per tablet sr
- ZUPION 150 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.20/tablet srRs. 82save 40% more per tablet sr
- BULET 150MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Tripada Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 8/tablet srRs. 80save 42% more per tablet sr
Expert advice for BUPEP
- Tell your doctor if you have history of head injury, alcohol abuse, diabetes or stimulants or anorectic products use.
- There should be an interval of at least 8 hours between successive doses of bupropion.
- You may suffer from insomnia while on bupropion therapy. You can reduce its incidence by avoiding to take this medicine during bedtime (while maintaining at least 8 hours gap between doses).
- Bupropion should be used with caution in the elderly, patients with hepatic/renal impairment.
- You should not exceed the recommended dose of bupropion, since bupropion is associated with a dose-related risk of fits (seizures).
- Blood pressure should be monitored at regular intervals in patients with high blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor about taking bupropion if you are scheduled to have urine tests.
- Bupropion may cause dizziness/light-headedness, affecting your concentration and judgement. If affected, don’t drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for BUPEP
Q.Is bupropion an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/an antidepressant/a tricyclic antidepressant?
Bupropion is an antidepressant drug and not an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/a tricyclic antidepressant
Q.Is bupropion a stimulant/addictive?
Bupropion is not a stimulant/addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is bupropion safe?
Bupropion is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is bupropion an amphetamine?
Bupropion is not an amphetamine. Bupropion is an antidepressant medication whereas amphetamine is a stimulant and an appetite suppressant
Q.Is bupropion a controlled substance?
Bupropion is not a controlled substance
Q.Can I take bupropion for anxiety?
Bupropion along with motivational support is used to stop smoking in nicotine dependent patients. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed with bupropion?
Bupropion can be taken with ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does bupropion cause hair loss/make you tired/make you gain weight/cause acne/make you high/cause drowsiness?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with bupropion use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking bupropion immediately
Q.Does bupropion contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)?
Bupropion does not contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor.