Information about Bupropion
How bupropion works
Bupropion works in depression by increasing the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood. The mechanism underlying its use in smoking addiction are not fully understood.
Common side effects of bupropion
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Allergic reaction, Impaired concentration, Sweating, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Altered taste, Abdominal pain, Agitation, Anxiety, Fever, Constipation, Tremor
Available Medicine for Bupropion
- ₹82 to ₹205Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹97Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹77La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹137Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹400Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85Mediez Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹90Bondane Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹178Ikon Pharmachem Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹152Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bupropion
- You have been prescribed Bupropion for the treatment of depression.
- It can also help you quit smoking.
- Take it in the morning to avoid difficulty sleeping later that night.
- It causes fewer side effects as compared to other anti-depression medications.
- Stop taking Bupropion and inform your doctor if you notice sudden mood and behavior changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of seizure disorder, eating disorder, or if you drink alcohol.
Frequently asked questions for Bupropion
Q. Is Bupropion an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/an antidepressant/a tricyclic antidepressant?
Bupropion is an antidepressant drug and not an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/a tricyclic antidepressant
Q. Is Bupropion a stimulant/addictive?
Bupropion is not a stimulant/addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Bupropion safe?
Bupropion is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Bupropion an amphetamine?
Bupropion is not an amphetamine. Bupropion is an antidepressant medication whereas amphetamine is a stimulant and an appetite suppressant
Q. Is Bupropion a controlled substance?
Bupropion is not a controlled substance
Q. Can I take Bupropion for anxiety?
Bupropion along with motivational support is used to stop smoking in nicotine dependent patients. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed with bupropion?
Bupropion can be taken with ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Bupropion cause hair loss/make you tired/make you gain weight/cause acne/make you high/cause drowsiness?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with Bupropion use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Bupropion immediately
Q. Does Bupropion contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)?
Bupropion does not contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor.