food interaction for BIOGLIDE
alcohol interaction for BIOGLIDE
pregnancy interaction for BIOGLIDE
lactation interaction for BIOGLIDE
SALT INFORMATION for BIOGLIDE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BIOGLIDE
- RECLIDE 80 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 7.07/tabletRs. 106pay 113% more per tablet
- GLIZID 80MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 6.47/tabletRs. 97pay 95% more per tablet
- DIAMICRON 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 81% more per tablet
- GLYCIGON 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.10/tabletRs. 41pay 23% more per tablet
- GLYCHEK 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55pay 66% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for BIOGLIDE
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for BIOGLIDE
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.