food interaction for BIODRONATE
alcohol interaction for BIODRONATE
pregnancy interaction for BIODRONATE
lactation interaction for BIODRONATE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIODRONATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BIODRONATE
- PAMIDRIA 30MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 230.60/ML of injectionRs. 2306save 80% more per ML of injection
- AREDRONET 30MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1830.40/injectionRs. 1830.40pay 57% more per injection
- Dr. Sandeep ChauhanMBBS, Diploma, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. B. K. SinghMBBS, MS, MS
- Dr. Arvind MehraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Neeraj YadavMBBS, MS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Naresh PanditaMBBS, MS, MCh
Expert advice for BIODRONATE
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: heart problems, liver/kidney/thyroid disorders; low levels of platelets and red blood cells; calcium or vitamin D deficiency; teeth or jaw problems or flu like conditions.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines such as calcitonin, thalidomide, other bisphosphonate drugs, or medicines used to treat kidney problems.
- Keep yourself hydrated while being treated with pamidronate.
- Be careful with your dental hygiene; avoid dental extraction or other invasive dental procedures while on pamidronate therapy.
- Pamidronate may cause bone loss in the jaw (osteonecrosis of the jaw leading to jaw pain, swelling, numbness, loose teeth, gum infection, or slow healing after injury or surgery involving the gums). Stop using the medicine if you develop any such reaction.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you can feel dizzy after taking this drug.
Frequently asked questions for BIODRONATE
Q.How does pamidronate work?
Pamidronate works by decreasing the level of calcium released into the blood by bones, thereby preventing calcium excess in the body
Q.Is pamidronate safe?
Yes. Pamidronate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor.