food interaction for AZUKON
alcohol interaction for AZUKON
pregnancy interaction for AZUKON
lactation interaction for AZUKON
SALT INFORMATION for AZUKON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZUKON
- RECLIDE MR 30 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 6.15/tabletRs. 61.50pay 28% more per tablet
- DIANORM OD 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 4.35/tabletRs. 43.45save 9% more per tablet
- GLIX MR 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indi PharmaRs. 4.33/tabletRs. 43.25save 10% more per tablet
- GLICLAPACK 30MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 165pay 15% more per tablet
- CLAGLID MR 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Proqol HealthcareRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 25% more per tablet
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for AZUKON
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for AZUKON
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.