food interaction for AVA
alcohol interaction for AVA
pregnancy interaction for AVA
lactation interaction for AVA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AVA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AVA
- NEXITO 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.47/tabletRs. 124.74pay 16% more per tablet
- REXIPRA 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.47/tabletRs. 124.74pay 16% more per tablet
- FELIZ S 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.47/tabletRs. 124.74pay 16% more per tablet
- STALOPAM 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.45/tabletRs. 124.50pay 16% more per tablet
- SZETALO 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 12.47/tabletRs. 124.74pay 16% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for AVA
- Tell your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or unusual thoughts.
- Do not take Escitalopramif you are allergic to Escitalopram or to any other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not take this drug if You are taking medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), including moclobemide, selegiline, used to treat depression.
- Consult your doctor immediately, if you develop.
- Difficulty in urination.
- Fits (seizures), unusual and rapidly changing ideas, inappropriate happiness and excessive physical activity.
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (signs of liver impairment/hepatitis).
- Fast, irregular heartbeat, fainting (Torsade de Pointes).
- Restlessness or difficulty in sitting or standing still during the first few weeks of the treatment.
- Thoughts about killing or harming yourself within the first few weeks of treatment since these medicines all take time to work. Consult your doctor immediately.
- Do not take escitalopram if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breast-feeding, unless you and your doctor have discussed the risks and benefits involved.
- When stopping treatment with escitalopram, the dose should be gradually reduced over a period of few weeks to reduce the risk of discontinuation. Always consult your doctor before discontinuation.
- Do not drive and/or operating machines until the effects of escitalopram on you are known.
Frequently asked questions for AVA
Q.Is escitalopram/ Nexito/ Cipralex a narcotic?
No, escitalopram / Nexito and Cipralex (trade names of Escitalopram) are not narcotic substance. Escitalopram is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor used for the treatment of depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety disorder and panic disorder
Q.Is escitalopram / Nexito/ Cipralex addictive or habbit forming?
No, use of escitalopram /nexito and Cipralex (trade names of Escitalopram) is not associated with any risk of addiction
Q.Is escitalopram a MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) or does it contain MAOI?
No, escitalopram has no known effect on monoamine oxidase enzyme. It belongs to class of drugs called SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)
Q.Is escitalopram used for anxiety?
Yes, escitalopram is used for treatment of all types of anxiety disorders
Q.Is escitalopram/ Nexito/ Cipralex safe?
Escitalopram/ Nexito and Cipralex (trade names of Escitalopram)are safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What are Nexito/ Cipralex/ Nexito forte/ Stalopam used for?
Nexito/ Cipralex/ Nexito forte/ Stalopam are all trade names for the active drug escitalopram. They are used in the treatment of major depressive disorder and anxiety disorder
Q.Can I take escitalopram / Cipralex with alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, lorazepam?
There are no known drug interactions between escitalopram and alprazolam, gabapentin and lorazepam. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on escitalopram
Q.Can I take escitalopram with tramadol?
Coadministration of escitalopram with tramadol can increase the risk of side effects like fits (seizures). Inform your doctor about any medicine currently taken before starting and while on escitalopram
Q.Can I take escitalopram /cipralex with acetaminophen/paracetamol?
There are no known drug interactions between escitalopram and acetaminophen/paracetamol. However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on escitalopram
Q.Can I take escitalopram / Cipralex with Advil (ibuprofen)?
Concomitant use of escitalopram with NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, celecoxib can cause side effects such as bruises (ecchymoses) and reddish-purple discoloration of skin due to small, bleeding vessels near the skin surface (purpura). However, consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on escitalopra
Q.Can I take escitalopram / Cipralex with amitryptiline?
No, concomitant use of escitalopram with amitriptyline and any other tricyclic antidepressants is contraindicated due to severe side effects
Q.Does escitalopram cause weight gain or weight loss?
Yes, escitalopram is commonly associated with weight gain. Weight loss is an uncommon side effect
Q.Does escitalopram cause hair loss?
Yes, escitalopram may cause hair loss, but it is an uncommon side effect
Q.Does escitalopram cause high blood pressure or acne?
No, escitalopram does not cause an increase in blood pressure or acne
Q.Can I take escitalopram /Cipralex for life?
Take escitalopram for duration directed by your doctor.