food interaction for ATORNET
alcohol interaction for ATORNET
pregnancy interaction for ATORNET
lactation interaction for ATORNET
Avoid Atornet 5mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the fetus and should not be given under any circumstances. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ATORNETAtorvastatin(5 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ATORNET
- ATORVA 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.86/tabletRs. 48.60pay 74% more per tablet
- AZTOR 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 4.85/tabletRs. 48.45pay 74% more per tablet
- STORVAS 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4.42/tabletRs. 44.19pay 59% more per tablet
- TONACT - 5 TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 4.77/tabletRs. 71.50pay 71% more per tablet
- ATOCOR 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 4.42/tabletRs. 44.15pay 58% more per tablet
Top General Physicians
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ATORNET
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions for ATORNET
Q. What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q. Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q. Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins.
Q. It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug.
Q. Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.