food interaction for ARSTATIN
alcohol interaction for ARSTATIN
pregnancy interaction for ARSTATIN
lactation interaction for ARSTATIN
Avoid Arstatin 20 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ARSTATIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ARSTATIN
- SIMVOTIN 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 26.60/tabletRs. 266pay 116% more per tablet
- ZOSTA 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 15.46/tabletRs. 154.60pay 25% more per tablet
- STARSTAT 20 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 4/tabletRs. 40save 68% more per tablet
- FEMELLA 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Akumentis Healthcare LtdRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 99save 20% more per tablet
- SIMCARD 20 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 17.32/tabletRs. 173.25pay 40% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ARSTATIN
- Restrict eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol content. Lovastatin will be effective in lowering your cholesterol level if you follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of: kidney problem; little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in feet or ankles; feeling tired or short of breath (or) liver problems; nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking simvastatin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ARSTATIN
Q.Is simvastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or steroid or diuretic or is it a statin or does simvastatin thin your blood?
No, simvastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
Q.Is simvastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or Crestor (rosuvastatin) or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril?
No results found for any interaction of simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin?
No, do not take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does simvastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression or it makes you high?
No. Simvastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression and it is not addictive
Q.Does simvastatin cause joint pain or makes you tired?
Yes, sometimes simvastatin may cause joint pain or make you tired.