SALT INFORMATIONLevocetirizine(5 mg)
Levocetirizine is used to treat symptoms of allergic conditions such as allergic fever (hay fever), year-round allergies like dust or pet allergies and chronic nettle rash.
How it works
Levocetirizine belongs to a group of medications called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.
Common side effects
Abdominal pain, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
- VOZET 5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.86/tabletRs. 48.56pay 144% more per tablet
- 1 AL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)FDC LtdRs. 1.98/tabletRs. 19.75save 1% more per tablet
- LEVOCET TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 4.30/tabletRs. 43pay 116% more per tablet
- LEZYNCET 5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.08/tabletRs. 50.75pay 155% more per tablet
- HHLEVO 5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 5.20/tabletRs. 52pay 162% more per tablet
- Use levocetirizine with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
- Do not take levocetirizine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
- Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Levocetrizine can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
- Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required.
Q. Is levocetirizine gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is levocetirizine a narcotic or steroid?
Levocetirizine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It is not a narcotic or steroid.
Q. Is levocetirizine safe in pregnancy and during breastfeeding?
Levocetirizine is not safe during pregnancy or lactation. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is levocetirizine a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.