Medicine Overview of Apiz Tablet MD
Side effects of Apiz Tablet MD
Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Dyspepsia, Increased saliva production, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia, Restlessness, Dizziness, Constipation, Tremor, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping).
How to use Apiz Tablet MD
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not handle the tablets with wet hands. Put it in your mouth but do not swallow it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Apiz 5mg Tablet MD at a fixed time.
How Apiz Tablet MD works
Apiz 5mg tablet md is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Apiz Tablet MD
Expert advice for Apiz Tablet MD
- Take special precaution while taking aripiprazole if you have high blood sugar or family history of diabetes ; seizure (fits), involuntary, irregular muscle movements, especially in the face; disease of heart or its blood vessels (cardiovascular diseases).
- Do not use aripiprazole if you feel you have gained weight, develop unusual movements, feel excessively sleepy so much that it interferes with your daily activities, or develop difficulty in swallowing, allergic reaction.
- Avoid using aripiprazole if you are elderly patient and are suffering from dementia (loss of memory and other mental abilities), or if you have ever had stroke or “mini” stroke.
- Do not take aripiprazole if you are having any thoughts or feelings about hurting yourself (suicidal thoughts and behaviors), as these have been reported when treated with aripiprazole.
- Avoid using aripiprazole if you suffer from muscle stiffness or inflexibility with high fever, sweating, altered mental status, or very rapid or irregular heartbeat.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines if you feel drowsy after taking aripiprazole.
Special precautions for Apiz 5mg Tablet MD
Apiz 5mg Tablet MD may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Apiz 5mg Tablet MD may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Apiz 5mg Tablet MD is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Apiz 5mg Tablet MD may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Apiz 5mg Tablet MD is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Apiz 5mg Tablet MD is recommended....
Apiz 5mg Tablet MD is probably safe to use in patients with+more
liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Apiz 5mg Tablet MD may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, AF 150mg Tablet DT
Frequently asked questions for Apiz 5mg Tablet MD
Frequently asked questions for Aripiprazole
No, Apiz is not an addictive, narcotic or controlled substances
Yes, Apiz is generic name of Abilify, the trade name
No, Apiz belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic
Yes, it belongs to a group of medications called atypical antipsychotic.
Substitutes for Apiz
No substitutes found for this medicine