Medicine Overview of Apidra Solution for Injection
Side effects of Apidra Solution for Injection
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How Apidra Solution for Injection works
Apidra 100iu cartridge 3ml is a fast-acting insulin, starts working within 10-20 minutes after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Apidra Solution for Injection
Expert advice for Apidra Solution for Injection
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Notify your doctor if you have any signs of troubled-breathing or rashes (severe and life-threatening allergy).
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. Planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may occur due to:
- Delay or missing a scheduled meal or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- The main symptoms (alarming signs) of low blood sugar are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
Special precautions for Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml
Taking Insulin Glulisine with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml is safe to use during lactation.+more
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Frequent and regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is advised....
Frequent and regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is advised.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decamycin 4mg Injection, Walacort 0.5mg Tablet, Pericort 4mg Tablet, Depo Medrol 40mg Injection
If you have missed a dose of Insulin Glulisine, your blood sugar level may become too high (hyperglycemia). Check your blood sugar and then take the next dose accordingly.
User Submitted Feedback For Apidra 100IU Solution for Injection
Patients taking Apidra 100IU Cartridge 3ml
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
Injection site allergic reaction
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Type 1 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes
Substitutes for Apidra
No substitutes found for this medicine