food interaction for AMFOCAN
alcohol interaction for AMFOCAN
pregnancy interaction for AMFOCAN
lactation interaction for AMFOCAN
medicine interaction for AMFOCAN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AMFOCAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AMFOCAN
- PHOSOME 50 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 4784.75/injectionRs. 4784.75pay 1716% more per injection
- SPOROTAR 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4336.30/injectionRs. 4336.30pay 1546% more per injection
- ENVOCIN 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7900/injectionRs. 7900pay 2898% more per injection
- AMPHOJECT 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 7142.86/injectionRs. 7142.86pay 2611% more per injection
- AMPHOTRET 50MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 268/injectionRs. 268pay 2% more per injection
Expert advice FOR AMFOCAN
- Before you take amphotericin B, inform your doctor if you suffer from diabetes, liver/kidney problem or are on dialysis or have low potassium level in blood.
- You should monitor your condition through regular laboratory evaluation of potassium, magnesium as well as renal, hepatic and hematopoietic function.
- Take precautions as amphotericin B may reduce the ability to drive or operate machinery.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR AMFOCAN
Q. Is amphotericin B an antibiotic?
Yes, amphotericin B is an antifungal antibiotic for the treatment of serious infections caused by fungi like fungal infections of one or more deep organs of the body, suspected fungal infections in patients with a raised temperature and neutropenia (reduced number of white blood cells [neutrophils]) and Visceral leishmaniasis (disease caused by a parasite)
Q. Is amphotericin B fungistatic or fungicidal?
Amphotericin B is fungicidal in nature, it acts by killing the fungus
Q. Is amphotericin B testing dose needed?
Yes, administration of amphotericin B is associated with allergy (severe and serious allergic) reaction, therefore it is recommended to administer a test dose before starting the therapy to check for sensitivity
Q. Is amphotericin B light sensitive?
Amphotericin B is not light sensitive
Q. How is amphotericin B administered?
Amphotericin B is either administered as intravenous injection or infusion by a registered medical professional only
Q. What is amphotericin B liposomal?
Liposomal amphotericin B is a lipid-associated formulation. Liposomal encapsulation or incorporation into a lipid complex of amphotericin B can substantially improves drug safety especially nephrotoxicity associated with the drug
Q. How does amphotericin B cause nephrotoxicity and hyperkalemia?
Amphotericin B can disrupt the lipid components of human kidney cells, thereby causing nephrotoxicity. The exact mechanism of hypokalemia is not known, but kidney damage may result in excessive loss of potassium in urine.