Information about Zidovudine
Zidovudine is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
How Zidovudine works
Zidovudine is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of Zidovudine
Fatigue, Headache, Decreased appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Zidovudine
₹62 to ₹1353 variant(s)
ZidineEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Viro ZSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹45 to ₹902 variant(s)
ZidohopeMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹596 to ₹9962 variant(s)
ZilionCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Zidovex L Plus EVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹210 to ₹4302 variant(s)
ZidovexVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹90 to ₹2592 variant(s)
ZidomaxAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹60 to ₹1532 variant(s)
Zido HGenix Pharma Ltd
Expert advice for Zidovudine
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Zidovudine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.