Information about Cisplatin
How cisplatin works
Cisplatin is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells which stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of cisplatin
Nausea, Vomiting, Kidney damage, Ear damage, Ringing in ear, Hearing loss, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Increased risk of infection, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Cisplatin
- ₹63 to ₹378Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹67 to ₹333Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹450Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹336Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹364Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹285Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹279Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹350Hetero Drugs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹528Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹310Vhb Life Sciences Inc2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cisplatin
- Cisplatin is given as an injection under the supervision of a doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Cisplatin
Q. Is Cisplatin polar?
Cisplatin is a polar molecule
Q. Is Cisplatin light sensitive?
Yes, Cisplatin is light sensitive and must be stored properly.
Q. Is Cisplatin a radiosensitizer or vesicant?
Cisplatin is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Q. Does Cisplatin cause hair loss, weight gain, infertility, neuropathy, hearing loss or hiccups?
Cisplatin can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain