food interaction for AM DOPA
alcohol interaction for AM DOPA
pregnancy interaction for AM DOPA
lactation interaction for AM DOPA
medicine interaction for AM DOPA
Avoid Am dopa 250 mg tablet with high protein meals such as cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, protein powder, eggs and milk.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AM DOPA
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR AM DOPA 250 MG TABLET
Patients taking AM DOPA 250 MG TABLET
- 43%Thrice A Day
- 29%Twice A Day
- 29%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR AM DOPA
- GYNAPRES 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 7.14/tabletRs. 71.42pay 209% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR AM DOPA
- Do not take methyldopa if you ever had or have any allergy to methyldopa, or to any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid taking methyldopa if you have high blood pressure due to a tumor near your kidney called ‘phaeochromocytoma’.
- Do not take methyldopa if you have liver or kidney disease, or depression.
- Do not take methyldopa if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines as you may feel drowsy or light-headed while taking methyldopa.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using methyldopa.
- Methyldopa may affect the results of certain laboratory tests: regular checks (before the start of treatment and 6-12 weeks later) may be carried out on blood cells and liver function.
Frequently asked questions FOR AM DOPA
Q. Is methyldopa a beta blocker/ blood thinner/ diuretic/ calcium channel blocker?
Methyldopa is an alpha-2 receptor agonist. It is not a beta blocker, blood thinner, diuretic or calcium channel blocker
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ aspirin/ melatonin with methyldopa?
Methyldopa is known to interact with NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, paracetamol, aspirin. However, there is no known interaction with melatonin. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does methyldopa cause weight gain/ make you tired/ lower heart rate/ hair loss/ birth defects/ dry mouth/ swelling?
Methyldopa is known to cause tiredness, dry mouth and swelling. However it does not cause weight gain, lower heart rate, cause birth defects. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.