food interaction for ACETHROMB
alcohol interaction for ACETHROMB
pregnancy interaction for ACETHROMB
lactation interaction for ACETHROMB
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ACETHROMB
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ACETHROMB
- NICOZ 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 38.95save 9% more per tablet
- ACENOMAC 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75pay 74% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for ACETHROMB
- Do consult your doctor before using acenocoumarol, if you have cancer; any infection or swelling (inflammation); problems of stomach or intestine; heart failure; or overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis)
- Before taking acenocoumarol, consult your doctor, if you need to go for any diagnostic procedure (e.g. angiography) or take a scan or X-ray or any minor surgery including dental procedures
- Caution must be exercised during use of acenocoumarol in children, elderly (?65 years) and malnourished patients
- Use of acenocoumarol is not recommended in patients with certain hereditary sugar intolerance disorders (galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorbtion)
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on treatment with acenocoumarol.
- Do not take acenocoumarol if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
Frequently asked questions for ACETHROMB
Q.What is acenocoumarol?
Acenocoumarol is an anticoagulant drug or blood thinning drug
Q.What is it used for?
It is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g. Atrial fibrillation(disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart-valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Yes. Sintrom is a trade name for active drug acenocoumaro
Q.What is Acenocoumarol Sandoz?
Acenocoumarol Sandoz is a trade name for active drug acenocoumarol available in some countries
Q.How does acenocoumarol work?
Acenocoumarol is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g.Atrial fibrillation (disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism).It stops formation of blood clots by blocking the effect of vitamin K, which is essential in the biological process of clot formation.