Medicine Overview of Abcixirel Injection
Abcixirel 10mg Injection is used in the treatment of unstable angina. It is also used in patients undergoing surgery to treat blockages in their blood vessels (angioplasty).
Bleeding, Reduced blood platelets.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Abcixirel 10mg Injection is an antiplatelet medication. It works by preventing platelets from sticking together which decreases the formation of harmful blood clots.
In Depth Information on Abcixirel Injection
- Do not start abciximab and consult your doctor if you have previously taken abciximab, have serious kidney problems, are above 65 years of age, pregnant or breast feeding.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury as there is an increased risk of bleeding with abciximab use.
- You may be monitored with lab tests, including complete blood cell counts and blood clotting tests while on Abciximab therapy.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unusual bruising or bleeding (eg, bleeding gums; nosebleeds; bleeding in the eye; blood in the urine; black, bloody, or tarry stools; coughing up blood; vomiting blood or material that looks like coffee grounds; severe or unusual vaginal bleeding); severe stomach pain; confusion; or severe or persistent headache or dizziness.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as abciximab may cause dizziness.
- Platelet count should be monitored prior to, during and after treatment with abciximab for prevention of thrombocytopenia (low platelet count in blood).
Abcixirel Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Abcixirel 10mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Abcixirel 10mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Not relevant, as Abcixirel 10mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Abcixirel 10mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Abcixirel 10mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Abcixirel 10mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Abcixirel 10mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Abcixirel 10mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Abcixirel 10mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Abcixirel 10mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Abcixirel Injection
Yes, Abcixirel is a Gpiib/iiia receptor antagonist
Abcixirel works by binding to blood cells called platelets which are responsible for formation of blood clots.
Yes, Abcixirel is a murine monoclonal antibody
Abcixirel is used in combination with other blood thinner drugs to prevent formation of blood clots during and after angioplasty (dilatation of narrowed lumen of blood vessels). It is also used to lower the risk of heart attack before angioplasty in patients with unstable angina (chest pain at rest due to reduced blood supply to heart)
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Abcixirel 10mg Injection: SYN, PWN, DVH, MAX, HPC, PEN, HBV, MMS, DFP, OLT, HGI, SLN, HEX, RUS, JSL, ABP, TOM, ATL, PLT, QTM, BAL, MAM, WSI, BSN, RHL, RSA, SBA, KHC, CLT, PPR, BIO, BDN, PRN, OHM, USF, SAF, PMA, STA, MPC, ZVP, MAK, SWP, NDP, SGH, MLC, GBL, SDM, THP, KHH, RWP, BHP, VDH, QLF, OIP, KMC, 9T9, SHD, PNT, MDO, HTS, AYU, BBS, SWA, ENP, IPL, ANT, EVP, NXG, PVP, RDH, NTB, JVN, AGT, TFP, BHM, NAS, SHP, OWP, VRS, JIV, PTI, INC, BLE, NVL, RPI, BMJ, DGN, GHR, AMR, ATP, HNP, AYM, NSL, DAO, SJP, NVY, DPL, IAD, LCC, BAP, AAR, JVO, GTC, EMB, HAT, FGH, ADT, HZF, TNH, MSD, RDR, ZEL, SGC, HSP, GNC, GPT, DYG, HMP, NNH, RKS, BTM, LHA, DLP, EQN, WHL, P2P, RJH, RSS, GPP, SVH, DHR, TRP, ESY, AAY, VNS, MDH, ARD, SHC, RHW, UMP, RPP, HIP, GTK, SRG, SCH, SBL, SSA, DPP