Did you know?
Asthma and allergy are linked closely; about 70% of people suffering from this condition are allergic to one or more of the substances like pollen, dander, moulds and dust mites. Studies have revealed that children are at greater risk of asthma. It is reported that the prevalence of asthma is higher in children (9.4%) as compared to adults (7.4%).
Did you know India has a huge population of people suffering from chronic respiratory diseases?
India comprises of the 18% of total world population suffering from chronic respiratory condition with asthma being the most common.
According to statistics, one in every 10 people in the world suffering from asthma is an Indian. Do not let asthma affect the quality of your life. Get the right diagnosis and treatment from the best pulmonologists today.
Some Quick Facts About Asthma
– Asthma is a chronic condition that affects your airways and bronchial tubes, responsible for allowing air in and out of the lungs.
– The airway and muscles around it become inflamed when exposed to a trigger(dust, mites, pollen)
– This results in symptoms like coughing, wheezing, breathlessness and chest tightness.
Excessive physical activity may also trigger your asthmatic symptoms commonly known as exercise-induced asthma( EIA).
– If your job demands you to be exposed to fumes, gases and dust then it is highly likely for you to suffer from occupational asthma.
Asthma, with the help of proper diagnosis and treatment plan, can be managed successfully. Explore our range of medications to beat asthma.
Tips To Beat Asthma Effectively
Keep your medications handy. If you are asthmatic, take your medications on time and keep the inhaler with you at all times.
Choose the right food. Certain food items(seafood, wine or dry fruits) and artificial ingredients (colouring and flavouring agents(1) are known to trigger asthma so steer clear of these food items and opt for natural alternatives.
Your asthmatic child needs extra attention. Children and infants already have very narrow airways and any small trigger can result in an asthma attack such as playing outside in cold and windy weather.
Avoid outdoor activities in the peak pollen hours. You should avoid going outside during the peak pollen hours (between 10 am to 4 pm) when the pollen count is high in the air. If necessary use the mask to protect yourself.
Secondhand smoke is equally dangerous! Even if you do not smoke you are at equal risk of worsened asthma if you inhale secondhand smoke. Therefore if you have asthma stay away from smoke.
Use a scarf while exercising. It is a myth that people suffering from this condition should not exercise. One of the tips you can follow is breathing through the scarf while exercising to pre-warm the air while you breathe deeper.
Manage anxiety to beat asthma attack. Anxiety and panic attacks can worsen your asthma, thus you must try to remain calm and follow your asthma treatment plan along with right food, exercise to beat asthma.
It is important to never skip your medications. Take the recommended medication by your doctor by ordering them online. Consult NOW!
Every breath is precious, every breath counts!
(The article is reviewed by Dr. Swati Mishra, Medical Editor)
1. Top 10 things to know about asthma. https://www.allergyasthmanetwork.org/
2. Asthma facts. https://acaai.org/news/facts-statistics/asthma
3. The burden of chronic respiratory diseases and their heterogeneity across the states of India: the Global Burden of Disease Study 1990–2016. http://www.healthdata.org/research-article/burden-chronic-respiratory-diseases-and-their-heterogeneity-across-states-india
4. One in every 10 Asthma patients in the world is in India. https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/health/one-in-10-asthma-patients-in-the-world-are-in-india-60376