BY DR. KHOOBSURAT NAJMA
- Mornings can be quite stressful. Ward off the early morning stress with a bowl of Oat meal. It boosts positive energy as it enhances production of serotonin, a chemical that makes you happy.
- Bananas are rich in Vitamin C which is a great stress-fighting nutrient. It helps repair cell damage caused due to stress.
- Yogurt is loaded with calcium which is a superstar in removing stress. The good bacteria found in yogurt helps to kill anxiety and depression.
- Coconuts contain medium chain fats that improve mental health and infuse positive energy. It is good in all forms as water, flesh, oil or butter. The scent of the coconut is known to have a psychological effect that helps diminish anxiety and tones down the ‘fight or flight’ response when faced with a stressful situation.
- Oranges and kiwis are rich sources of vitamin C which helps in fighting the stress. Also, Fruits have natural sugar which de-stresses the mind in a healthy way.
- Chamomile tea, jasmine tea, tulsi tea and other herbal variants of tea act like medicine in calming and relaxing the mind.
- Almonds are packed with vitamin B2, vitamin E, magnesium, and zinc. Vitamin B and magnesium are involved in the production of serotonin, which helps regulate mood and relieve stress. Zinc fights some of the negative effects of stress, while vitamin E is an antioxidant that destroys the free radicals related to stress and heart disease.