food interaction for ZYLORIC
alcohol interaction for ZYLORIC
pregnancy interaction for ZYLORIC
lactation interaction for ZYLORIC
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZYLORIC
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZYLORIC 100 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZYLORIC 100 MG TABLET
- 70%Once A Day
- 22%Twice A Day
- 6%Thrice A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for ZYLORIC
- CIPLORIC 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.85/tabletRs. 18.48same price
- ZYRIK 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.42/tabletRs. 24.22pay 31% more per tablet
- LOGOUT 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Inga Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2.33/tabletRs. 23.30pay 26% more per tablet
- MYLORIC 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Stanford Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 1.43/tabletRs. 14.25save 23% more per tablet
- AVERY 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Organic LaboratoriesRs. 2.72/tabletRs. 27.21pay 47% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
Expert advice for ZYLORIC
- Do not start or continue allopurinol and consult your doctorif you are allergic to allopurinol
- Drink plenty of fluids wile taking this medication
- Take the drug with meals or a snack to prevent stomach upset
Frequently asked questions for ZYLORIC
Q.Is allopurinol/Zyloric safe?
Allopurinol/Zyloric is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is allopurinol a narcotic or an antibiotic or nephrotoxic or NSAID or steroid or diuretic?
No, allopurinol belongs to a group of medicines called enzyme inhibitors. It reduces the amount of uric acid in the body by blocking one of the processes that makes it. It is used to treat gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints, kidney stones, in some types of Cancer due to increase in the amount of uric acid in the body and enzyme disorders due to increase in the amount of uric acid in the body
Q.Is allopurinol generic?
Yes, allopurinol is a generic name. However, it is available in the market with different brand names
Q.Can I take allopurinol with indomethacin or naproxen or prednisone or ibuprofen or diclofenac or metformin or flucloxacillin?
No results found for any interaction of allopurinol with all these drugs,, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take allopurinol with colchicine (Colcrys)?
No. Colchicine interacts with allopurinol. Do not take colchicine with allopurinol
Q.Does allopurinol affect the liver?
Yes, allopurinol alters the liver enzyme and in rare cases it may cause jaundice (yellowish of skin and eye)
Q.Does allopurinol affect blood pressure?
Yes, allopurinol has shown low but significant effect in reducing the blood pressure
Q.Does allopurinol affect kidneys?
Allopurinol decreases C-reactive protein and slows the progression of renal disease in patients with chronic kidney disease
Q.Does allopurinol affect blood sugar?
There is no conclusive proof that it affects blood sugar
Q.Does allopurinol affect male fertility?
Yes, it may cause infertility in male
Q.Does allopurinol cause weight gain?
It may cause rapid weight gain.