food interaction for ZYGENTA
alcohol interaction for ZYGENTA
pregnancy interaction for ZYGENTA
lactation interaction for ZYGENTA
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZYGENTA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZYGENTA
- MAGENTA 40MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1.25/ML of injectionRs. 25.05pay 43% more per ML of injection
- RANBIOTIC 40MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1.10/ML of injectionRs. 21.96pay 25% more per ML of injection
- MAGENTA 40MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1.73/ML of injectionRs. 17.26pay 97% more per ML of injection
- GERMENTA 40MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.58/ML of injectionRs. 15.81pay 81% more per ML of injection
- RANBIOTIC 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.45/ML of injectionRs. 4.90pay 180% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for ZYGENTA
- If you have inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for ZYGENTA
Q.Is gentamicin a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q.Is gentamicin nephrotoxic?
Yes, gentamicin is a nephrotoxic drug. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is gentamicin safe for babies?
Gentamicin is safe for babies if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does gentamicin cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes
Q.Is gentamicin used for pink eye?
Yes, gentamicin is used in the treatment of pink eye (conjunctivitis). Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does gentamicin dialyze out?
Yes, gentamicin is a dialyzable drug
Q.What organisms does gentamicin cover?
Gentamicin is mainly effective against pseudomonas, escherichia, enterobacter, klebsiella, staphylococcus, salmonella, serratia, and shigella species but rarely effective against streptococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa)
Q.Does it cover anaerobes?
It does not act against anaerobes.