Medicine Overview of Zostavax Injection
Side effects of Zostavax Injection
Pain, Fever, Headache, Injection site itching, Skin rash, Skin redness, Swelling.
How to use Zostavax Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Zostavax Injection works
Zostavax injection is a vaccine.It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections .
In Depth Information on Zostavax Injection
Expert advice for Zostavax Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have any immune system diseases like HIV infection, or if you are taking medicines that affect your immune system as the decision for vaccination will depend upon your immune responses.
- Before receiving vaccine inform your doctor if you had any life threatening allergies.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing, swelling of lips, face or tongue.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
- Do not take ifallergic to varicella-zoster virus vaccine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take in high-grade fever, active infection like untreated tuberculosis.
- Do not take with any blood disorders or any type of malignant cancers including leukemia and lymphomas that affects the immune system.
- Do not take if receiving immunosuppressive drugs.
- Do not take if having history of congenital (present at birth) or hereditary immunodeficiency or HIV infection or AIDS.
- Do not consumed if below < 9 months.
- Do not take in case of Pregnant women.
Special precautions for Zostavax Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zostavax Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zostavax Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It is not known whether Zostavax Injection alters the abilit+more
y to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Zostava+more
x Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tacsant 0.5mg Capsule, Decmax 4mg Tablet, Decamycin 4mg Injection, Pericort 4mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Live Attenuated Varicella-Zoster Virus, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Zostavax NA Injection
Patients taking Zostavax Injection
Once A Day
Once A Month
Substitutes for Zostavax
No substitutes found for this medicine