Medicine Overview of Zonisep Capsule
Uses of Zonisep Capsule
Zonisep 50mg Capsule is used in the treatment of Epilepsy.
Side effects of Zonisep Capsule
Sleepiness, Decreased appetite, Nausea, Agitation, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use Zonisep Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zonisep 50mg Capsule at a fixed time.
How Zonisep Capsule works
Zonisep 50mg capsule control seizures or fits by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Zonisep Capsule
Expert advice for Zonisep Capsule
- If your child (<12 years old) has been prescribed with zonisamide, ask your doctor for necessary precautions, as they are at greater risk of reduced sweating, heat stroke, pneumonia and liver problems.
- Dress lightly during hot climates or when exercising and check carefully for signs of decreased sweating or heat stroke.
- Drink sufficient water while taking zonisamide to reduce the risk of kidney stones and heat strokes.
- Do not stop using zonisamide suddenly, even if you feel fine as stopping suddenly may cause increased seizures.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop serious and sometimes fatal skin reactions (Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis), as zonisamide (sulfa medicine) is known to cause such side effects.
- Inform your doctor and seek medical advice if you develop any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions, depressed mood, anxious state, restlessness, irritable behavior or any unusual change in mood or behavior; high fever or long lasting fever.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zonisamide may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or vision changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zonisep 50mg Capsule
Zonisep 50mg Capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zonisep 50mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Zonisep 50mg Capsule is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Zonisep 50mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Zonisep 50mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection, Beetal Tablet, Emgard 30mg Tablet, Antilep 200mg Tablet CR
If you miss a dose of Zonisamide, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zonisep 50mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Zonisamide
Yes, Zonisep is a controlled drug. It is not an addictive or narcotic drug. It is gluten free and a generic drug
Zonisep is not used to treat weight loss or migraines
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/prednisone with zonisamide?
Yes, Ibuprofen or prednisone can be taken with zonisamide
Q. Does Zonisep cause weight gain/ kidney stones/hair loss/ weight loss/ diarrhea/ depression/ constipation/feeling high?
Zonisep commonly does not cause all the above mentioned side effects except depression. Please consult your doctor if you develop such side effects.
User Submitted Feedback For Zonisep 50mg Capsule
Patients taking Zonisep 50mg Capsule
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Twice A Week
Thrice A Day