food interaction for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
alcohol interaction for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
pregnancy interaction for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
lactation interaction for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
Avoid Zepin 200mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
- TEGRITAL 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 1.34/tabletRs. 13.44pay 12% more per tablet
- TEGRITAL CR 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 1.51/tabletRs. 15.12pay 26% more per tablet
- MAZETOL 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.34/tabletRs. 13.44pay 12% more per tablet
- ZEN RETARD 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.41/tabletRs. 14.11pay 17% more per tablet
- ZEN 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.31/tabletRs. 13.14pay 9% more per tablet
- Dr. Susant Kumar BhuyanMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Joy Dev MukherjiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
- Do not perform activities that require alertness during the first week of taking this drug.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you develop blistering or skin rashes.
- Consult your doctor if you show signs of confusion, persistent abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes/skin, easy bruising.
- Carbamazepine can make birth control pills or implants less effective. Use a barrier form of birth control (such as a condom or diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Carbamazepine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for ZEPIN (CONSERN)
Q.Is carbamazepine /Tegretol / Zeptol safe?
Carbamazepine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is carbamazepine a controlled drug/ an opiate?
No. Carbamazepine is not a controlled drug or an opiate
Q.Is carbamazepine an enzyme inducer?
Yes. It is an enzyme inducer. Please check with your doctor if you are taking other medications, which may get altered when taken together
Q.Is carbamazepine an antidepressant/ MAOI/ benzodiazepine?
Carbamazepine is an antidepressant. It is not an MAOI or benzodiazepine
Q.Can I take paracetamol/ Tylenol/ tramadol/ ibuprofen/ Advil/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ Nyquil/naproxen/ oral contraceptives with carbamazepine?
All the above mentioned drugs may interact with carbamazepine. Please consult with your doctor before taking this medication. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does carbamazepine cause weight loss or weight gain/ hyponatremia/ help anxiety/depression/ gingival hyperplasia make you tired/ cause high blood pressure?
Carbamazepine causing the above mentioned side effects are commonly or rarely observed. It is not known to cause gingival hyperplasia and high blood pressure. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.