food interaction for ZECLONE
alcohol interaction for ZECLONE
pregnancy interaction for ZECLONE
lactation interaction for ZECLONE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZECLONE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZECLONE
- ZOPICON 7.5 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.60/tabletRs. 86pay 91% more per tablet
- ZONAP 7.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.63/tabletRs. 46.27pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ZECLONE
- Take the tablet before going to bed in order to have an uninterrupted sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Tell your doctor if you are having rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Zopiclone should be used with caution in the elderly, patients with liver, kidney and respiratory insufficiency.
- Do not use for more than 4 weeks because it may lead to loss of some efficacy.
- Do not suddenly withdraw the use of zopiclone. You should first lower the dose and then stop taking this medicine over a period of time as directed by your doctor. Use of alcohol and other psychotropics should be avoided when you are on zopiclone therapy.
- Do not use zopiclone if you have history of alcohol/drug abuse, marked personality disorders, any other psychiatric or paradoxical reactions.
- Zopiclone may affect your concentration and judgement. So, do not drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ZECLONE
Q.Is zopiclone safe to take?
Zopiclone is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is zopiclone a benzodiazepine/narcotic/sedative?
Zopiclone is a sedative hypnotic and not a benzodiazepine/narcotic
Q.Is zopiclone addictive?
Zopiclone is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. However, consult your doctor if you develop addiction for zopiclone
Q.Is zopiclone like Valium?
Zopiclone is hypnotic drug different from Valium (diazepam) which belongs to group of medicines called benzodiazepines
Q.How long can I take zopiclone for?
Patient can take zopiclone for 4 weeks. However, it depends upon disease condition. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take zopiclone with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol?
Zopiclone in combination with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take zopiclone with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone?
Zopiclone can be taken in combination with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone as it does not cause any harmful reaction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does zopiclone reduce anxiety/relax you?
Zopiclone is used to treat insomnia (inability to sleep) which may reduce anxiety and help you to relax
Q.Does zopiclone cause constipation/headache/high blood pressure/cancer/nausea/put on weight?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with zopiclone use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking zopiclone immediately.