Medicine Overview of Zeclone Tablet
Uses of Zeclone Tablet
Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Zeclone Tablet
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Dry mouth, Loss of appetite.
How to use Zeclone Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Zeclone Tablet works
Zeclone 7.5mg tablet belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Zeclone Tablet
Expert advice for Zeclone Tablet
- Take the tablet before going to bed in order to have an uninterrupted sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Tell your doctor if you are having rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Zopiclone should be used with caution in the elderly, patients with liver, kidney and respiratory insufficiency.
- Do not use for more than 4 weeks because it may lead to loss of some efficacy.
- Do not suddenly withdraw the use of zopiclone. You should first lower the dose and then stop taking this medicine over a period of time as directed by your doctor. Use of alcohol and other psychotropics should be avoided when you are on zopiclone therapy.
- Do not use zopiclone if you have history of alcohol/drug abuse, marked personality disorders, any other psychiatric or paradoxical reactions.
- Zopiclone may affect your concentration and judgement. So, do not drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet
Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Zeclone+more
7.5mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Montomycin 450mg Capsule, Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Fixtral 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Zopiclone, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zeclone 7.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Zopiclone
Zeclone is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Zeclone is a sedative hypnotic and not a benzodiazepine/narcotic
Zeclone is not addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. However, consult your doctor if you develop addiction for Zeclone
Zeclone is hypnotic drug different from Valium (diazepam) which belongs to group of medicines called benzodiazepines
Patient can take Zeclone for 4 weeks. However, it depends upon disease condition. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take zopiclone with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol?
Zopiclone in combination with mirtazapine/ sertraline/temazepam/ lorazepam/ Cymbalta (duloxetine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ tramadol may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take zopiclone with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone?
Zopiclone can be taken in combination with beta blockers/ paracetamol/prednisolone as it does not cause any harmful reaction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Zeclone is used to treat insomnia (inability to sleep) which may reduce anxiety and help you to relax
These side effects are rare or uncommon with Zeclone use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zeclone immediately.