food interaction for ZAXTER
alcohol interaction for ZAXTER
pregnancy interaction for ZAXTER
lactation interaction for ZAXTER
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZAXTER
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZAXTER
- MEROTEC 125MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 174.75/injectionRs. 174.75save 48% more per injection
- MEROBAX 125MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 228.70/injectionRs. 228.70save 32% more per injection
- MEROTROL 125 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 214/injectionRs. 214save 36% more per injection
- MEROCRIT BABY 125 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 66/ML of injectionRs. 330save 80% more per ML of injection
- MAXOPEN 125MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 335.91/injectionRs. 335.91pay 1% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ZAXTER
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ZAXTER
Q.Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q.Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.