food interaction for XENICAL
alcohol interaction for XENICAL
pregnancy interaction for XENICAL
lactation interaction for XENICAL
Avoid Xenical 120 mg capsule with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for XENICAL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for XENICAL 120 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking XENICAL 120 MG CAPSULE
- 43%Thrice A Day
- 36%Once A Day
- 21%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for XENICAL
- REESHAPE 120MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Meyer Organics Pvt LtdRs. 43.50/capsuleRs. 435save 18% more per capsule
- LIPOCUT 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 44.95/capsuleRs. 449.50save 15% more per capsule
- ORLICA 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 46.10/capsuleRs. 461save 13% more per capsule
- OBELIT 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 52.30/capsuleRs. 523save 1% more per capsule
- O STAT 120 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 31.16/capsuleRs. 311.59save 41% more per capsule
Top Bariatric Surgeons
- Dr. Shalabh MohanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sandeep MalhotraMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Asfar AliMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Vidur JyotiMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Azhar PerwaizMBBS, MS, DNB
Expert advice for XENICAL
- Orlistat should not be taken if patient is allergic to orlistat.
- It should not be taken by those who have malabsorption (poor absorption) issues.
- It should not be taken by women who are breast feeding.
- It should not be taken with a high fat meal.
- Do not use this drug if you are pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for XENICAL
Q.Is Orlistat available in India?
Orlistat is available in India with the brand names Orlean, Vyfat, Lipocut, Olistat, Obelit, Orlica, Reeshape, Xenical and Zerofat
Q.Is Orlistat safe and effective?
Orlistat is safe and effective if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is Orlistat available without prescription?
Orlistat as Alli is available without prescription but Xenical is available only with prescription. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.How long can I take Orlistat?
Therapy should not continue for more than 6 months along with diet and exercise. If the patient does not lose weight in 12 weeks he/she should consult the doctor and follow his advice
Q.Can I take Orlistat with anti-depressants, antibiotics, gabapentine, levothyroxine, venlafaxine, metformin, raspberry ketones?
All these drugs are known to have some drug-drug interactions with Orlistat and hence should be taken together only based on doctor's recommendation
Q.Does Orlistat burn existing fat or reduce appetite?
Orlistat prevents absorption of fat from the food in the intestine. It does not burn fat. Orlistat may cause reduction of appetite
Q.Does Orlistat affect the liver or cause cancer?
No studies of Orlistat affecting the liver or causing cancer have been reported.