Information about Alfacalcidol
Alfacalcidol is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How alfacalcidol works
Alfacalcidol provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects of alfacalcidol
Rash, Increased calcium level in blood, Increased phosphate level in blood, Itching, Renal disorder
Available Medicine for Alfacalcidol
- ₹82 to ₹104Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹289Panacea Biotec Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹57Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Alfacalcidol
- Do not take alfacalcidol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to alfacalcidol or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take alfacalcidol if you know you have a condition called hypercalcemia (increased calcium level in blood) or calcification (high levels of calcium in body tissues).
- Consult your doctor before taking alfacalcidol if you have any problems with your kidneys, particularly kidney stones.
Frequently asked questions for Alfacalcidol
Q. Is Alfacalcidol a steroid?
Alfacalcidol is not a steroid; it belongs to a group of medicines called vitamin D analogues.