Information about Alfacalcidol
Alfacalcidol is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How Alfacalcidol works
Alfacalcidol is a Vitamin D-hormone analog that gets activated in the body with the help of liver enzymes. It gets converted into the active form of vitamin D3 (calcitriol) that helps in strengthening the bones and also regulates the other functioning of the body.
Available Medicine for Alfacalcidol
AlphadolPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹114 to ₹3173 variant(s)
Alphadol-CPanacea Biotec Ltd
Alpha D3Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹82 to ₹1032 variant(s)
VitalphaKarnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹57 to ₹592 variant(s)
DecalcidEast West Pharma
Expert advice for Alfacalcidol
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by the doctor.
- Do not take Alfacalcidol if you know you have a condition called hypercalcemia (increased calcium level in blood) or calcification (high levels of calcium in body tissues).
- You may be asked for regular blood tests to check the level of calcium and phosphate in the blood.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you notice a skin rash, swelling of face and breathing difficulty.