Alfacalcidol is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies
How it works
Alfacalcidol provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects
Rash, Increased calcium level in blood, Increased phosphate level in blood, Itching, Renal disorder
- ₹82 to ₹104Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹289Panacea Biotec Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹55Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- Do not take alfacalcidol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to alfacalcidol or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take alfacalcidol if you know you have a condition called hypercalcemia (increased calcium level in blood) or calcification (high levels of calcium in body tissues).
- Consult your doctor before taking alfacalcidol if you have any problems with your kidneys, particularly kidney stones.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is alfacalcidol a steroid?
Alfacalcidol is not a steroid; it belongs to a group of medicines called vitamin D analogues.