Medicine Overview of Voritek Injection
Uses of Voritek Injection
Voritek 200mg Injection is used in the treatment of Serious fungal infections.
Side effects of Voritek Injection
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Voritek Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Voritek Injection works
Voritek 200mg injection stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Voritek Injection
Expert advice for Voritek Injection
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Special precautions for Voritek 200mg Injection
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Voritek 200mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Voritek 200mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Voritek 200mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
patients not to drive or operate hazardous machinery ....
patients not to drive or operate hazardous machinery .
Voritek 200mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. No dose adjustment of Voritek 200mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Urimax 0.4mg Capsule MR, Prazopress 2.5mg Tablet XL, Prazopress XL 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Voritek 200mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
No, Voritek is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Yes, Voritek is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Yes, Voritek is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Voritek
Hair loss is a common side effect of Voritek therapy
Voritek is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Voritek is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Voritek is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voritek is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voritek is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voritek is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voritek is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Yes, Voritek is dialyzable
The price of Voritek may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.
Substitutes for Voritek Injection
Voritrol 200mg Injection
₹181.25/ml of Injection
Vosicaz 200mg Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹250.23/ml of Injection
Vorizol 200mg Injection
Natco Pharma Ltd
₹1157.14/ml of Injection
Voritrop 200mg Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Rextro 200mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd