Information about Alfuzosin
Alfuzosin is used to treat problems with urination in men with enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia)..
How Alfuzosin works
Alfuzosin is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of Alfuzosin
Upper respiratory tract infection, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Impotence
Available Medicine for Alfuzosin
AlfooDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
FlotralSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
VelfuIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AlfmanHetero Drugs Ltd
AlfugressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
EfzuOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
AlfufloTycoon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
AlfucalCalren Care Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Alfuzosin
- Alfuzosin helps in relieving the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It does not decrease the size of the prostate.
- Alfuzosin must be taken with food.
- You will feel better within hours or days of starting the treatment. Full effect is usually seen within 2 weeks.
- Alfuzosin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- If you are scheduled to undergo an eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Alfuzosin.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.