Information about Alfuzosin
Alfuzosin is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How Alfuzosin works
Alfuzosin is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Common side effects of Alfuzosin
Dizziness, Headache, Tiredness
Available Medicine for Alfuzosin
AlfooDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
FlotralSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
VelfuIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AlfmanHetero Drugs Ltd
AlfugressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
EfzuOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
AlfuproMinova Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
ProfuzoNeiss Labs Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Alfuzosin
- Alfuzosin helps in relieving the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It does not decrease the size of the prostate.
- Alfuzosin must be taken with food.
- You will feel better within hours or days of starting the treatment. Full effect is usually seen within 2 weeks.
- Alfuzosin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- If you are scheduled to undergo an eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Alfuzosin.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.