food interaction for VINELBINE
alcohol interaction for VINELBINE
pregnancy interaction for VINELBINE
lactation interaction for VINELBINE
Avoid Vinelbine 50mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VINELBINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR VINELBINE
- NAVELBINE 50MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 3218.10/ML of injectionRs. 16090.50pay 38% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR VINELBINE
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression); liver problems or have had radiotherapy around the liver.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with people who receive them.
- Use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 3 months after it to avoid pregnancy.
- Men should not father a child while on this therapy and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mucosa as vinorelbine may cause irritation. Thoroughly wash the skin area, in case of skin contact with the medicine.
- Take vinorelbine preferably with a light meal to reduce nausea. Soft capsule gels of vinorelbine should not be taken with hot fluids, as the medicine may quickly dissolve.
- Vinorelbine is not recommended in children below 18 years.
Frequently asked questions FOR VINELBINE
Q. Is vinorelbine a vesicant?
Yes, vinorelbine is a vesicant
Q. Is vinorelbine effective?
Vinorelbine is effective for the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor for your condition
Q. How is vinorelbine administered?
Vinorelbine is administered as an intravenous infusion
Q. Does vinorelbine cause hair loss?
Vinorelbine has hair loss as a side effect. Please inform your doctor about any side effects that you may observe while on therapy.