Medicine Overview of Vinelbine Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Fatigue, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Fever, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Bleeding, Constipation.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Vinelbine 50mg Injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Vinelbine Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression); liver problems or have had radiotherapy around the liver.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with people who receive them.
- Use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 3 months after it to avoid pregnancy.
- Men should not father a child while on this therapy and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mucosa as vinorelbine may cause irritation. Thoroughly wash the skin area, in case of skin contact with the medicine.
- Take vinorelbine preferably with a light meal to reduce nausea. Soft capsule gels of vinorelbine should not be taken with hot fluids, as the medicine may quickly dissolve.
- Vinorelbine is not recommended in children below 18 years.
Vinelbine Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vinelbine 50mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Vinelbine 50mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Vinelbine 50mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Vinelbine 50mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Vinelbine 50mg Injection is recommended.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Vinelbine 50mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vinelbine 50mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while these patients are taking this medicine.
Frequently asked questions about Vinelbine Injection
Yes, Vinelbine is a vesicant
Vinelbine is effective for the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor for your condition
Vinelbine is administered as an intravenous infusion
Vinelbine has hair loss as a side effect. Please inform your doctor about any side effects that you may observe while on therapy.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Vinelbine 50mg Injection: SYN, PWN, DVH, MAX, HPC, PEN, HBV, MMS, DFP, OLT, HGI, SLN, HEX, RUS, JSL, ABP, TOM, ATL, PLT, QTM, BAL, MAM, WSI, BSN, RHL, RSA, SBA, KHC, CLT, PPR, BIO, BDN, PRN, OHM, USF, SAF, PMA, STA, MPC, ZVP, MAK, SWP, NDP, SGH, MLC, GBL, SDM, THP, KHH, RWP, BHP, VDH, QLF, OIP, KMC, 9T9, SHD, PNT, MDO, HTS, AYU, BBS, SWA, ENP, IPL, ANT, EVP, NXG, PVP, RDH, NTB, JVN, AGT, TFP, BHM, NAS, SHP, OWP, VRS, JIV, PTI, INC, BLE, NVL, RPI, BMJ, DGN, GHR, AMR, ATP, HNP, AYM, NSL, DAO, SJP, NVY, DPL, IAD, LCC, BAP, AAR, JVO, GTC, EMB, HAT, FGH, ADT, HZF, TNH, MSD, RDR, ZEL, SGC, HSP, GNC, GPT, DYG, HMP, NNH, RKS, BTM, LHA, DLP, EQN, WHL, P2P, RJH, RSS, GPP, SVH, DHR, TRP, ESY, AAY, VNS, MDH, ARD, SHC, RHW, UMP, RPP, HIP, GTK, SRG, SCH, SBL, SSA, DPP