Information about Gefitinib
Gefitinib is used in the treatment of Small cell lung cancer.
How gefitinib works
In patients with cancer, a change in DNA (genetic material) triggers a signal which produces abnormal cancer cells. Gefitinib blocks this signal, and thus stops the production of these cancer cells.
Common side effects of gefitinib
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Dry skin, Diarrhoea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
Available Medicine for Gefitinib
- ₹1966 to ₹5900Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹3871Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3002Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3847Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3285Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹3179Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1904Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2476Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3400United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2940Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gefitinib
- Do not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking gefitinib.
- Take the tablet at about the same time each day.
- Do not give gefitinib to children.
- Do not take gefitinib, if you are allergic to gefitinib or similar medicines or to any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid using gefitinib, if you are pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant during treatment with gefitinib because it could harm your baby.
- If you are taking a medicine containing warfarin as an active substance, your doctor may need to do blood tests more often.
- You may feel weak while taking this medicine, be careful while driving or using tools or machines.
Frequently asked questions for Gefitinib
Q. Is Gefitinib a chemotherapy/monoclonal antibody/what is Gefitinib used for/ what is Gefitinib tablets/ what is Gefitinib 250/Does Gefitinib cure lung cancer?
Gefitinib (250 mg) is used to treat adults with non-small cell lung cancer. It is used as an adjunct to other chemotherapies. It is not a monoclonal antibody
Q. Is Gefitinib effective/does Gefitinib work?
Gefitinib is effective and works for most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration
Q. How is Gefitinib administered?
Gefitinib is taken orally.