Medicine Overview of VICARD T TABLET
Side effects of VICARD T TABLET
Dizziness, Fainting, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Nasal congestion, Dry mouth, Edema, Constipation, Blurred vision, Breathlessness.
How to use VICARD T TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Vicard t 1mg tablet at a fixed time.
How VICARD T TABLET works
Vicard t 1mg tablet works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily. Vicard t 1mg tablet also lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels.
In Depth Information on VICARD T TABLET
Expert advice for VICARD T TABLET
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience syncope (temporary loss of consciousness caused by a fall in blood pressure) especially in the upright position, along with other postural symptoms such as dizziness after the first dose, first few days of therapy, or restarting the therapy after a brief interruption. Do not panic, you should sit or lie down until you feel better.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience priapism (painful erection of the penis, sustained for hours and unrelieved by sexual intercourse or masturbation), which is an extremely rare but serious side effect, if untreated can lead to permanent inability to have an erection.
- Inform your doctor that you are on terazosin therapy, if you are to undergo an eye surgery for cataract so as to avoid the complications during cataract surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as terazosin may make you drowsy or dizzy.
- Take screening test for the presence of prostate cancer prior to treatment and at regular intervals afterwards, as terazosin is not indicated for symptoms (though similar to BPH) due to prostate cancer.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for VICARD T 1MG TABLET
Taking terazosin with alcohol can lower blood pressure. This+more
may cause dizziness, especially when getting up from a sitting or lying position....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vicard t 1mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
It may cause dizziness, light-headedness or drowsiness. Exer+more
cise caution if you have to drive or operate a machinery....
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TAZZLE 10MG TABLET, TAZZLE 20MG TABLET, ED SAVE 20MG DISINTEGRATING STRIP
If you miss a dose of Terazosin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for VICARD T 1MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Terazosin
Q. Is terazosin a beta blocker or an alpha blocker?
Terazosin belongs to class of medications called alpha-receptor blockers or alpha-blockers
Q. Is terazosin safe?
Terazosin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is terazosin a statin or a blood thinner (thin the blood)?
Terazosin is neither a statin nor a blood thinner
Q. Is terazosin a diuretic?
No, terazosin is not a diuretic, it antagonizes the alpha receptors causing relaxation of the smooth muscle tone in the prostate and bladder neck, hence the urine is passed easily in patients with enlarged prostrate
Q. Is terazosin a narcotic?
No, terazosin is not a narcotic
Q. Does terazosin lower heart rate?
No, terazosin is not known to reduce heart rate. Increase in heart rate or irregular heart rate is a common adverse event reported for terazosin
Q. Does Terazosin cause weight gain/ impotence/ tiredness/ constipation and dry mouth?
Weight gain/ tiredness/ constipation and dry mouth are common side effects of terazosin therapy. However is not known to cause impotence. It may rarely cause painful prolonged erections (Priapism), which if untreated may cause impotence
Q. Can I take terazosin with Cialis (tadalafil)?
Please follow your doctor's advice before taking these medications with terazosin. As combining Cialis (tadalafil) with terazosin can lower your blood pressure and increase the risk of dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, flushing, headache, and nasal congestion
Q. Can I take terazosin with Flomax (tamsulosin)?
Terazosin and Flomax (tamulosin) are both used for the symptomatic treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Please follow your doctor's advice before taking any medications when on treatment with terazosin
Q. Does terazosin lower Prostate specific antigen (PSA)?
No, terazosin does not lower PSA.