Information about Terazosin
How terazosin works
Terazosin is an alpha-blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate, which makes it easier to urinate.
Common side effects of terazosin
Dizziness, Headache, Drowsiness, Low energy, Weakness, Palpitations, Nausea
Available Medicine for Terazosin
- ₹150 to ₹447Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹155Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹136Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹75Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Medley Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹83Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹148Stadmed Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹83Cmg Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹70Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Terazosin
- Dizziness or fainting may occur, especially when rising from a lying or sitting position. Getting up slowly may help improve the problem.
- These effects may get aggravated by consuming alcohol during exercise, in hot weather, or when standing for long durations.
- May affect your eye muscles; this should be harmless unless you are scheduled for a cataract surgery.
Frequently asked questions for Terazosin
Q. Is Terazosin a beta blocker or an alpha blocker?
Terazosin belongs to class of medications called alpha-receptor blockers or alpha-blockers
Q. Is Terazosin safe?
Terazosin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Terazosin a statin or a blood thinner (thin the blood)?
Terazosin is neither a statin nor a blood thinner
Q. Is terazosin a diuretic?
No, terazosin is not a diuretic, it antagonizes the alpha receptors causing relaxation of the smooth muscle tone in the prostate and bladder neck, hence the urine is passed easily in patients with enlarged prostrate
Q. Is Terazosin a narcotic?
No, Terazosin is not a narcotic
Q. Does Terazosin lower heart rate?
No, Terazosin is not known to reduce heart rate. Increase in heart rate or irregular heart rate is a common adverse event reported for Terazosin
Q. Does Terazosin cause weight gain/ impotence/ tiredness/ constipation and dry mouth?
Weight gain/ tiredness/ constipation and dry mouth are common side effects of Terazosin therapy. However is not known to cause impotence. It may rarely cause painful prolonged erections (Priapism), which if untreated may cause impotence
Q. Can I take Terazosin with Cialis (tadalafil)?
Please follow your doctor's advice before taking these medications with Terazosin. As combining Cialis (tadalafil) with Terazosin can lower your blood pressure and increase the risk of dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, flushing, headache, and nasal congestion
Q. Can I take Terazosin with Flomax (tamsulosin)?
Terazosin and Flomax (tamulosin) are both used for the symptomatic treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Please follow your doctor's advice before taking any medications when on treatment with Terazosin
Q. Does Terazosin lower Prostate specific antigen (PSA)?
No, Terazosin does not lower PSA.