Information about Terazosin
Terazosin is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Terazosin works
Terazosin is an alpha-blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels. It also relaxes the muscles around the bladder exit and prostate, which makes it easier to urinate.
Common side effects of Terazosin
Drowsiness, Headache, Nausea, Palpitations, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Postural hypotension (low blood pressure), Sleepiness, Vertigo, Tachycardia, Joint pain, Joint inflammation
Available Medicine for Terazosin
₹220 to ₹5403 variant(s)
TerapressIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹89 to ₹1543 variant(s)
TeradipGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹39 to ₹692 variant(s)
ProstrinLap Farmacia Ltd
₹83 to ₹2674 variant(s)
HypercinEast West Pharma
₹88 to ₹2753 variant(s)
TerabanBantom Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹59 to ₹892 variant(s)
ZytrinStadmed Pvt Ltd
₹92 to ₹1472 variant(s)
GoteraCmg Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹83 to ₹1312 variant(s)
TerazUnichem Laboratories Ltd
₹75 to ₹1603 variant(s)
Expert advice for Terazosin
- You have been prescribed Terazosin for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It may also be used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- It may cause sudden drop in your blood pressure, especially when you first start taking this medicine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Terazosin as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine causing increased dizziness.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking Terazosin if you are scheduled for a cataract surgery.