Drug interaction for VERTIN
Take it with food.
No data available for interaction with alcohol
Weigh benefit versus risk during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unknown. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VERTINBetahistine(16 mg)
Vertin 16 mg tablet is used to treat Meniere's disease, condition which typically causes vertigo (sensation of spinning or rotation),tinnitus (ringing in ears), hearing loss and nausea (urge to vomit).
How it works
Vertin 16 mg tablet belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It acts by improving blood flow in the inner ear, which reduces the buildup of pressure causing vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss and nausea.
Common side effects
Dizziness, Headache, Insomnia, Skin irritation, Stomach upset, Tachycardia
SUBSTITUTES for VERTIN
- BETAVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 9.60/tabletRs. 96save 14% more per tablet
- VERBET 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albert David LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101save 9% more per tablet
- B STILL 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.50/tabletRs. 105save 6% more per tablet
- ZEVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.60/tabletRs. 56save 50% more per tablet
- BVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 8.10/tabletRs. 81save 27% more per tablet
Expert advice for VERTIN
Do not start or continue the betahistine tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betahistine or any of the other ingredients of betahistine tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars like lactose.
Do not drive or operate machinery after taking betahistine because you may feel drowsy.
Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: peptic ulcer, asthma, urticaria, rashes or allergic rhinitis, severe hypotension.
Frequently asked questions for VERTIN
Q. Is betahistine FDA approved?
No, betahistine is not approved by FDA.
Q. Is betahistine/betahistine dihydrochloride an antihistamine/
No, it belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It is not antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid and it is not an addictive drug.
Q. Is betahistine available over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor’s prescription only.
Q. Is betahistine used for vertigo/tinnitus?
Yes, it is used for vertigo, tinnitus. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.
Q. How long can I take betahistine for?
Patient should take betahistine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor.
Q. Can I take betahistine with antihistamine/ cinnarizine/citalopram/amitryptyline/cetirizine/ paracetamol/ibuprofen/prochlorperazine?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of betahistine. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.
Q. Does betahistine make you sleepy/cause drowsiness/ weight gain?
Betahistine causing drowsiness is among common side effects. Weight gain may be observed rarely. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.