Information about Buclizine
How Buclizine works
Buclizine is an antihistamine. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (histamine). This helps treat various allergic conditions such as conjunctivitis and urticaria. This also stops the vomiting centre in the brain from receiving nerve messages that would otherwise cause motion sickness (nausea & light-headedness).
Common side effects of Buclizine
Expert advice for Buclizine
- Buclizine relieves symptoms of allergic conditions such as rhinitis, conjunctivitis, and urticaria.
- It may also be used for the prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Buclizine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Buclizine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.