food interaction for VENLAWAY XR
alcohol interaction for VENLAWAY XR
pregnancy interaction for VENLAWAY XR
lactation interaction for VENLAWAY XR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VENLAWAY XR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VENLAWAY XR
- VENLOR 37.5 MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.75/tablet xrRs. 37.50pay 36% more per tablet xr
- VENJOY 37.5MG TABLET XR(10 tablet xr in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 3.35/tablet xrRs. 33.50pay 22% more per tablet xr
- VENPAD XR 37.5MG TABLET(10 tablet xr in strip)Tripada Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 2.58/tablet xrRs. 25.82save 6% more per tablet xr
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for VENLAWAY XR
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any suicidal tendency at initial stages of recovery.
- Do not use in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Taking venlafaxine may increase risk of dilatation of pupil of eye (mydriasis). Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Stop taking venlafaxine if you develop fits.
- Care should be taken if you are an elderly patient, taking diuretics, and if you have volume-depletion, because there may be a greater risk of hyponatremia (low sodium in blood).
- Use with caution if you are prone to bleeding, if you are taking anticoagulants and platelet inhibitors, or if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver disease, kidney disease, narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you are on antidiabetic therapy you may advised to adjust the dose of the medication.
Frequently asked questions for VENLAWAY XR
Q.Is venlafaxine an SSRI/MAOI/narcotic/ antipsychotic/ sedating/benzodiazepine?
Venlafaxine is an antidepressant drug. In animal studies, it is found to have serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) activity. It is not a narcotic/ antipsychotic/ sedating/ benzodiazepine
Q.Is venlafaxine safe?
Venlafaxine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor for a particular disease condition
Q.Is venlafaxine the same as Effexor?
Yes, Effexor is a brand name of drug containing venlafaxine
Q.Can I take Effexor/venlafaxine forever?
No, patient should take Effexor/venlafaxine for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take Effexor (venlafaxine) with Mucinex (guaifenesin)?
Taking Effexor (venlafaxine) with Mucinex (guaifenesin) does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take venlafaxine or Effexor with Xanax (alprazolam)/diazepam/ mirtazapine/ tramadol/ hydrocodone/ Wellbutrin (bupropion)?
Taking Effexor (venlafaxine) with Xanax (alprazolam)/ diazepam/ mirtazapine/ tramadol/ hydrocodone/ Wellbutrin (bupropion) may cause harmful effects such as fits, dizziness, and serotonin syndrome. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does venlafaxine contain MAOI?
No, it does not contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Q.Does venlafaxine affect birth control/ affect libido/ cause memory loss?
These side effects are observed with venlafaxine use. Consult your doctor if you experience one or more such symptoms
Q.Does venlafaxine help with anxiety/ pain/to lose weight?
Venlafaxine is used to treat major depressive episodes and to prevent recurrence of such episodes. Its use in anxiety, pain and to lose weight is not established. Please follow doctor's advice regarding its use.