Medicine Overview of Valpo Syrup
Side effects of Valpo Syrup
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Liver function abnormal, Tremor.
How to use Valpo Syrup
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. It is better to take Valpo Syrup with food.
How Valpo Syrup works
Valpo syrup is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Valpo Syrup
Expert advice for Valpo Syrup
- Valpo should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- Do not stop using Valpo without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
- Can cause upset stomach, hair loss, weight gain, sleepiness, and tremor.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Valpo, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Valpo Syrup
Valpo Syrup may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Valpo Syrup is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Valpo Syrup is safe to use during lactation. Human studies+more
have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Valpo Syrup may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Valpo Syrup is safe to use in patients with kidney disease.+more
No dose adjustment of Valpo Syrup is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Mezolam 7.5mg Injection, Medzol 1mg Injection, Anzilum 0.5mg Tablet, Serenace 5mg Injection 1ml
If you miss a dose of Sodium Valproate, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Substitutes for Valpo
No substitutes found for this medicine